Software for business

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Times are tough !!!

Received a call today from a gentlemen in need of some drywall hanging and finishing.  He said I was the only one listed in the yellow pages, whose number was not disconnected.  Funny that call should come through today.  I was looking over my new advertising contract for the yellow pages and debating on whether or not to renew the ad. We specialize in commercial construction, the yellow page ad tends to bring in mostly residential work.  Why does the phone company have to charge such high rates to list you in the phone book?  And while I'm at it why do they charge me extra money to not list my home number in the phone book?  What a racket.

I do feel bad for the companies that have gone under, but....maybe being the last one standing, so to speak will bring me more business.  The only thing keeping us going right now is residential.  So come on homeowners spend that tax refund on some home improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment